[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:52:11 +0200 (MES)

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:47:50 +0200 (MET DST), Frank Winkler - Sun
Germany REOS - Munich wrote:

>  >   When this subdirectory is placed somewhere else -- how can you
>  >keep track of which directory belongs to which message? One needs a
>  >separate config file for this, and this can get corrupted. The
>  >easiest is to rely on the operating system to maintain the
>  >relationship. Easy. Simple. Safe.
>
> Interesting data structure. I would do it much more easy - what' so
> difficult is preceding the path with a "getenv ('TMP')"?

  And how does the program keep track which file in the temp
directory belongs to which message?

  How does the program avoid duplicate file names?

MfG,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de