[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Kevin Murphy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:27:14 -0400

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:52:11 +0200 (MES), Lueko Willms wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:47:50 +0200 (MET DST), Frank Winkler - Sun
>Germany REOS - Munich wrote:
>
>>  >   When this subdirectory is placed somewhere else -- how can you
>>  >keep track of which directory belongs to which message? One needs a
>>  >separate config file for this, and this can get corrupted. The
>>  >easiest is to rely on the operating system to maintain the
>>  >relationship. Easy. Simple. Safe.
>>
>> Interesting data structure. I would do it much more easy - what' so
>> difficult is preceding the path with a "getenv ('TMP')"?
>
>  And how does the program keep track which file in the temp
>directory belongs to which message?
>
>  How does the program avoid duplicate file names?

How about naming the directories after the message filenames?

So for attachments from the message GG405TPX.msg, you would have:

TempDir\GG405TPX\attachment.txt

Seems simple to me.

--Kevin