[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:43:00 -0400

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:20:54 +0200 (MEST), Lueko.Willms@t-online.de
wrote:

>  But I think that it is now crystal clear that the deposit of the
>detached attachment in a TEMP directory without any relation to which
>message that file belongs is creating problems. So I suggested the --
>in my opinion -- easiest way to avoid this problem and to record the
>relation between message and detached attachments.
>
>  This would create the possibility and the necessity of an additional
>housekeeping command in PMMail, i.e. to delete any (or all) detached
>attachment files without deleting the message itself.

I wasn't disagreeing that your solution might be best, I was
disagreeing that it meets all of the requirements. I think the
developer(s) need to weigh the advantages and disadvantages and code a
solution.