[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:26:04 -0700 (PDT)

My reply to message from Carl Gehr sent on
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 02:02:06 -0400 (EDT). You wrote:

>>The designers of PMMail expected a user to open and view a message and its
>>attachment BEFORE forwarding that message.
>
>Sorry, Lueko, but I do not see much room for 'interpretation' here!
>====>   I *DO*NOT* [actually *cannot*] view attached *.Doc
>	files.  Therefore, the 'expect[ation]' stated is
>	100% *invalid*.
>There is no "workaround suggested" here.  It is simply a false
>assumption!  And, in my opinion, a very bad assumption as my example
>clearly showed.

The "workaround suggested" followed your incomplete quote of me. What you
quoted is my assumption of the /intent/ of the designers of PMMail. If
used in this manner it works every time so it is not *invalid*. Neither is
it *invalid* because you are unable or unwilling to open (or save) the
attachment. PMMail provides a BOUNCE option for your example. Here is the
workaround you failed to quote:
"To forward a message without viewing the message and
its attachment, simply purge your TEMP folder first or RMB on the message
to be forwarded, select view attachment, select save and save the
attachment to your TEMP folder. This forces the new attachment into the
TEMP folder. Forward your message." The save part of my workaround is what
PMMail fails to do in the current implementation of the forwarding
function when a filename conflict occurs.

I've even posted an automated way to do this. Instead of screaming about
the problem that I can do nothing to change, I've devise a temporary
solution to the problem until it is fixed.

--
JMO,
/s/~Kris