[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 01:46:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:05:30 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>This example has BOUNCE written all over it. Do you need to modify the
>message? No! Are you sending it to someone else? No! "Forwarding" affords
>you the opportunity to send information you have received to SOMEONE ELSE
>who may benefit from the information and allows you to include your
>comments on that information. Do you need to send comments to yourself on
>what you received? For this example, I suggest BOUNCING it. I would. With
>bounce there is no decode/encode of attachments. The message is resent
>unchanged except the recipient address.

Gee! It is so nice that you can make up YOUR OWN answers to questions
that you ASK TO ME!

> Do you need to modify the
>>message? No!

YES!  THE ****MESSAGE**** NOT the ****ATTACHMENT****
I CANNOT modify OR READ the attachment!  I do NOT HAVE THE SOFTWARE ON
THE E-MAIL SYSTEM!  What is it about this concept that you do not
understand?!?

>SOMEONE ELSE
>>who may benefit from the information

The "someone else" is ****ME****.  It is just on ANOTHER SYSTEM THAT
HAS THE SOFTWARE THAT CAN READ AND "BENEFIT" from READING IT.  But, I
MUST BE ASSURED THAT THE FILE THAT IS SENT IS THE ONE I RECEIVED!  The
current design/implementation DOES NOT PROVIDE THIS ASSURANCE!

>Do you need to send comments to yourself on
>>what you received?

YES! Sometimes I want to add a comment/reminder to myself.  It might be
a memory jogger or reference to a phone call that caused the file to be
sent!  The reason is not pertinent!  Just the YES is adequate to render
the design FAULTY!

>I suggest BOUNCING it.

Maybe it works for YOU!  BUT THAT IS YOU!  It is NOT the rest of us who
seem to be _almost_ unanimous in disagreeing with you.