[pmmail-list] IMAP. When?

Bernie Maier pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:16:05 +1000

OK - I've now seen the archive and can see that at least in September there
haven't been any questions about IMAP support, so I'll ask away.

First, some background.  I've obviously only just subscribed to this list.
I've been using PMMail at home for several years now - first the OS/2
version and now the Windoze version (PMMail98).  It has served me well
over the years.  However, with a home network and newly installed
broadband access, I will need much more flexibility about where I read
my email.  Ultimately, I'm going to want a setup where I can read my
home email while I'm at work, and from whichever machine I've fired
up at home.

So - what I really want is a good email client with good IMAP support.
I gather that this is a planned enhancement to PMMail.  (I also gather
it's not there yet - but I'd love to proven wrong here!)  As a software
developer myself, I can perfectly understand that this is a major
undertaking, and so cannot happen quickly.  And I also hate committing
to estimates myself.  But can Blueprints state whether work has started
on this, and whether it will be weeks, months or years before we get
an IMAP version of PMMail?  If it's too far in the future, I may have
to seek alternatives...

Oh - and since I've just joined the list, apologies if this has already
been discussed to death.

Cheers,

     Bernie