[pmmail-list] IMAP. When?

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:35:52 +1000 (EST)

Bernie,
I can't speak for BPSW.

However I can tell you that you were really right about one thing: IMAP
ain't easy! As a result it probably won't happen RSN. Server developers
I speak to hate it because (they say) the RFC is a mess and the writer
(or principal author) is not easy to pin down on definitions etc etc.

When I travel I like to be able to get my mail too. My work around is
to have a principal machine at home that is where I keep the master
files of mail. When I'm away from home I shut down PMmail on it so that
the mail stays on the server.

Then I connect with my laptop or on my desktop at a client site and run
a copy of PMmail that collects mail but leaves it on the server. That
way I get it all where I want it filed later.

I don't bother with most lists when I'm away because  some of them hit
50+ messages overnight. It is pretty brutal when I get home from a 2
week stint and I'm pruning the list mail!

Do you have a choice of POP or IMAP? How about remote sends?

regards,
Rod.