[pmmail-list] Pmmail/2 has ugly icons on my new system

Duncan Way pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:50:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 01 Apr 2002 18:01:34 +0100 (CET), Henk Hendriks wrote:

Hi all,

I am sure that this must have been discussed on this list before, but I'd like to ask
anyway. I just
set up a  new system with a superfast graphics card and what have you. I have set the
screen
resolution to 1024 x 768 and 16 million colours. This looks just fine on my old
system with a new
flat screen (Warp 4)  but plain ugly on my new system with the same resolution and a
conventional monitor (eCS 1.00). That is to say the folder icons and envelope icons
are barely
visible and look positively pale
(scared?).

I found that the icons were washed out using SDD at 24bit.  Using 32bit solved this
problem as well as one with Mozilla not displaying gif and jpg images properly.
If you are not using SDD then "never mind".

Duncan