[pmmail-list] Do Other PMMail users have problems with Windows Resource Corruption?

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 18:24:18 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:05:09 -0500, Steve Barber wrote:

<snip>

>I've ruled out several other applications (I originally suspected
>Webshots, but that doesn't appear to be the culprit.)  and system
>configurations (memory, undefragged disks, etc).   I've been
>unsuccessful pinning the problem on any situation or application, so
>far, but I now have a clue that it might be PMMail 2000 that's
>clobbering Window's resources.  That clue is that last night, I moved
>lots of old messages from the Inbox and Sent folders (to other
>folders I use as archive folders) ... and MAGICALLY, the Windows
>resource clobber hasn't occurred since.

You may very well be correct ...
But I've seen WebShots cause all kinds of problems with our Windows boxes down work ...
I've had this kind of thing happen to me and I've usually found that some system DLL got corrupted in memory or another mismatched DLL
was loaded that screwed things up ...

>One thing that this theory might explain is the occasional periods
>where the problem doesn't occur (presumably after I've archived mail)
>... and it might explain why the problem returns again (after the
>folders become too large).

The question I have is this:  When this occurs and before you clean out your PMMail folders does the corruption happen immediately when
you open PMMail ???  I have a TON of mail in PMMail that I don't archive ... and I've noticed that PMMail loads slower and slower as I keep
saving mail ... Which tells me that when opening PMMail some sort of reading of the folders is going on behind the scene ... So I'd think that if
PMMail was responsible for your problem it would manifest itself right away after opening PMMail ...

>So, has anyone else experienced this windows resource clobber ... and
>can you link the problem to PMMail or to mail folders with lots of
>messages in them?

See above ...

I don't know if any of this helps but I thought I'd throw it out here ...

Gregory L. Marx
gregory.marx@verizon.net