[pmmail-list] Do Other PMMail users have problems with Windows Resource Corruption?

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 19:52:06 -0500

On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 18:24:18 -0500 (EST), Gregory L. Marx wrote:

>The question I have is this:  When this occurs and before you clean out your PMMail folders does the corruption happen immediately when
>you open PMMail ???  I have a TON of mail in PMMail that I don't archive ... and I've noticed that PMMail loads slower and slower as I keep
>saving mail ... Which tells me that when opening PMMail some sort of reading of the folders is going on behind the scene ... So I'd think that if
>PMMail was responsible for your problem it would manifest itself right away after opening PMMail ...

It doesn't seem to happen immediately on anything I've found.  My
biggest clue that it might be PMMail and large folders is that it
stopped happening when I archived ... leaving smaller Sent Mail and
Inbox folders.

When it does happen, it seems to happen in stages ... first, the
Start button ... then later, other "resources" get clobbered.  Reboot
clears, but it always starts again within a few minutes of using the
system ...

I think your theory that it should happen immediately has some merit,
but I can envision situations where some situation (use of large
folders?) might cause some application (PMMail?) to randomly clober
resources ... thus the timing might be related to continued activity
in those large folders rather than just opening the application.

Now that I suspect PMMail and large folders, I'll try some more
specific tests ... I'll let you know if I can further tie it to
PMMail (or disprove my theory).

Thanks for your replies.

Steve Barber
104 Sylvan Grove