[pmmail-list] Digest (04/03/2002 09:01) (#2002-180)

Walter Metcalf pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:19:18 -0400 (EDT)

Before I joined the PMMail list, I reported the Time-Zone problem to
PMMail Support (Trevor) and here is what he said:

On Mon, 01 Apr 2002 16:41:00 -0500, Walter Metcalf (OS/2) wrote:

>PMMail|Settings|Locale displayed -5 as it should.  However, on April 1
>2002, the same field changed to -4 even though Daylight time here
>doesn't change until April 7.  The message dates are being displayed
>incorrectly as a result.
>
>My TZ statement has not been changed and is "SET
>TZ=EST5EDT,4,1,0,7200,10,-1,0,7200,3600"
>
>From what we could tell, last year PMMail behaved correctly in this
>regard both in April and October.

Thanks Walter. I am no TZ expert so I can't even begin to know what
the correct behaviour is, let alone how to fix it. You seem much more
experienced in TZ functionality than I am so I'll take your word on
it and pass it on to the developer as a bug report.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support