[pmmail-list] Error in message download status line?

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:32:55 -0400

So, is this a known error? ... or am I doing something wrong?

The status line that indicates the percentage that's been received of
large messages coming in appears to report the download status
incorrectly ... specifically it calculates the percentage complete by
dividing the amount downloaded already by the total expected amount
to be downloaded ... but the percent complete is almost always 0%.
The message  looks like this:

Getting Message 1 of 1, 0%(0.3kb/401kb)

The denominator appears to correctly represent the size of the total
file being downloaded.

The numerator seems to be in error ... always reporting a fraction of
a kb.

The percent complete may be correctly calculated but is always wrong
(0) because of  the erroneous numerator.

In this case (a 401kb download) the download finished when the
numerator reached 0.6kb)

At first I thought the numerator was 1/1000 of it's actual value, but
if that were true the download should have finished shortly after the
numerator hit 0.4kb instead of 0.6kb, so something else must be
afoot.

I thought this used to work, but was failing on my windows version
recently, so I installed the latest version (2.20.2475 standard) to
see if it worked any better (It doesn't).

Thanks,
Steve Barber
104 Sylvan Grove
Cary, NC 27511