[pmmail-list] Fwd: [os2info] [VOICENWS] Bug in PMMail 2.20.2380

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:10:12 -0400

** Reply to message from "Rod... Whitworth" <listener@witworx.com> on
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:20:45 +1000

Hello Rod...,

  Yes, thanks, but I figured out the meaning of the statement, which is
easy, but you didn't quote a source.  Bruce is running Warp and I
cannot find this information listed anywhere.  So, what is the source
for this information and is this format accepted by all operating
systems?

  Excuse my tardy response.  I did find this form from Jonathan de
Boyne Pollard's package of Utilities, SET TZ=EST5EDT4,M4.1,M10.5, which
is similar.  Since, this is OT and late, a private reply is fine.

__________________ Original Message Below __________________

Where would one find
>this information?
>
>__________________ Original Message Below __________________
>
>SET TZ=EST5EDT,4,1,0,7200,10,-1,0,7200,3600
>which is the verbose (and correct) syntax for US EST/EDT
>timezone.

The line above means:

TZ is called EST
is 5 hrs behind UTC when DST does not apply
is called EDT when DST is on
DST starts in month 4, (April)
in the first week (1)
on Sunday (0)
at 7200 seconds after midnight
ends in October (10)
in the last week (-1)
on Sunday
at 7200 secs
and the shift is 3600 seconds

That do it for you?

Ciao,
       Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey.
    Kenn Yuill      Warp 4.5      IBM Java 1.18
      Polarbar Team Tester      IceStorm Browser

	 -  A Thought for Today  -   18 Apr 2002

Software is cheap, fast, and reliable (pick two).  - Steve Wendt