[pmmail-list] Fwd: [os2info] [VOICENWS] Bug in PMMail 2.20.2380

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:22:54 +0200

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:10:12 -0400, Kenn Yuill wrote:

>  Yes, thanks, but I figured out the meaning of the statement, which is
>easy, but you didn't quote a source.  Bruce is running Warp and I
>cannot find this information listed anywhere.  So, what is the source
>for this information and is this format accepted by all operating
>systems?
>
>  Excuse my tardy response.  I did find this form from Jonathan de
>Boyne Pollard's package of Utilities, SET TZ=EST5EDT4,M4.1,M10.5, which
>is similar.  Since, this is OT and late, a private reply is fine.

Actually I'd like to know if this is usable in windows too,
specifically win2k. AFAICS, there seems to be a two hour offset for
some reason in my mails. The forst hour I think is for summer time,
but the second hour isn't entirely accounted for. It might mean
GMT+1, but why then is the time showed correct with the addition of
+2 in the mail headers??

>__________________ Original Message Below __________________
>
>Where would one find
>>this information?
>>
>>__________________ Original Message Below __________________
>>
>>SET TZ=EST5EDT,4,1,0,7200,10,-1,0,7200,3600
>>which is the verbose (and correct) syntax for US EST/EDT
>>timezone.
>

>The line above means:
>
>TZ is called EST
>is 5 hrs behind UTC when DST does not apply
>is called EDT when DST is on
>DST starts in month 4, (April)
>in the first week (1)
>on Sunday (0)
>at 7200 seconds after midnight
>ends in October (10)
>in the last week (-1)
>on Sunday
>at 7200 secs
>and the shift is 3600 seconds
>
>That do it for you?

BW,

               Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer
# Department of Medical Chemistry,
# Division of Organic Pharmaceutical Chemistry,
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
#
# Email: sorin.srbu@orgfarm.uu.se
# Web: http://www.farmaci.uu.se
# Phone: +46-18-471-4482 >> 5 signals >> GSM
# Cell Phone: +46-701-718023
# Fax: +46-18-471-4474
# Visit: BMC, D5:512b
#