[pmmail-list] Fwd: [os2info] [VOICENWS] Bug in PMMail 2.20.2380

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:33:05 +1000

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:10:12 -0400, Kenn Yuill wrote:

>** Reply to message from "Rod... Whitworth" <listener@witworx.com> on
>Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:20:45 +1000
>
>Hello Rod...,
>
>  Yes, thanks, but I figured out the meaning of the statement, which is
>easy, but you didn't quote a source.  Bruce is running Warp and I
>cannot find this information listed anywhere.  So, what is the source
>for this information and is this format accepted by all operating
>systems?
>
>  Excuse my tardy response.  I did find this form from Jonathan de
>Boyne Pollard's package of Utilities, SET TZ=EST5EDT4,M4.1,M10.5, which
>is similar.  Since, this is OT and late, a private reply is fine.

I used to be an IBM OS/2 Instructor so I remember it. I forgot whence
it came originally.

If you get a copy of Time868 it will figure it out for you so that you
can cut and paste the string into config.sys in EPM or whatever. BTW
don't run Time868 all the time even if you have a 24*7 internet - it
leaks sockets like mad. I have it on a box here polling another machine
that uses 4 time servers in our region and it is set to poll once in 16
hours. I still kill it every few days.

I thought some of this might have been OT but useful, hence the on list
reply. Sorry winders-only folks and those already in the know.

>From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?