[pmmail-list] Read/Return Receipt

Boris Kirkorowicz pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:21:05 +0200 (MSZ)

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 00:34:16 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt wrote:

>>>I don't think PMMail even supports return receipt (???).
>>
>>My experience: there is a menu item Options -> Return Receipt but it
>>doesn't work.
>
>Ah, so there is.  I think it has to be supported by the mail server also.

As I understood it, the Return Receipt is sent when the receipient
opened the mail. That is the way it works with Lotus Notes that I have
to use at the office. So the mail client has to support it because it
is the software that generates the confirmation message.

Beside this there also might be a delivery confirmation from the mail
server, but this is IMO only useful for error tracking.

Gruß                              Greetings
          Boris Kirkorowicz