[pmmail-list] "Leave Mail On Server" problem.

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:11:48 -0400

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:26:32 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

>>Randomly SOME of the emails I download at work will not be available
>>when I download later at home.
>
>In the account Receive properties, turn off Quick Interrogation - it
>makes assumptions about the behaviour of servers that are not always
>true, and should not have been made the default.  Your problem is one
>of the effects it can have.
>
>Paul Hodges

Interesting ... does that mean that we'd only need to turn off the
Quick Interrogation property on machines where we wanted to leave
mail on server?

I normally want my desktop to erase the mail on the server but the
laptop (when I'm travelling) to leave it so the desktop can later get
all mail.

I assume that Quick Interrogation has some speed advantage that could
still be obtained if you were not leaving your mail on the server,
right?

SteveB

Steve Barber
104 Sylvan Grove