[pmmail-list] Using address book

Andreas Ludwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:41:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:00:31 -0700, J Seder wrote:

>Alas, the fact that the question was asked and produced so many answers
>reflects how awkward - no, awful - this interface is.

Have you ever spent so much time in reading the online-help or try some
things in PMMail as you spent on this mail? Just some ideas on your
ideas:

>Here are some ideas:
>   - As I type in a name, a popup list should appear with all the
>address book entries which match the typed fragment in any field - like
>a browser's history list.

Ever TRIED this? Just type and PMMail will complete from the adress
book. Not as sophisticated as Mozillas URL input field but surely
easier than the method you used so far.

>   - If I double-click in the To: or Cc:/Bcc: field, the address book
>should open.

Just RIGHT click - all addresses (that you want to show up) at your
fingertips - even one click less!

>   - If I am composing a message and I click the RMB over a name in the
>address book, the popup should offer me the option of adding the name
>to the To: list.

Just drag the name to the TO: or CC: or BCC: list (not the entry
field), Done - again even easier than you want.

>   - RMB for an entry in the Cc: list should give me the option of
>transferring to the Bcc: list, and vice versa.  Why should I have to
>make the intermediate transfer to To:?

Well yes, this might come handy ans could surely be added. But not a
big deal IMHO.

>    - Enter should be equivalent to Alt-F in the Search dialog.

Agree. But just start typing the alias... You shouldn't need searching
the address book on a regular basis.

>    - Esc should dismiss the Search dialog.

It DOES. Could you please verify your claims before posting these
things?

Best regards

Andreas

--

Andreas Ludwig
from the beautiful town of Vienna (Austria)