[pmmail-list] 5 minutes to open address book!

Andrew Webber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 23:30:18 -0400

I've been having trouble recently when I type an alias into the To:
field.

For instance, if I type "stan" (no quotes), which is an entire
alias, in the past the stan alias would appear when I hit TAB.  Now
(for the last week or so), PMMail appears to lock up.

Today it occurred to me the address book might be dead or missing
or something, so I clicked on the icon to bring up the address
book.  It literally took 5 minutes for it to appear!  (It did
appear).

Is there some known problem that would cause this?  I'm also
finding PMMail will appear to lock up while downloading mail, but
in fact it just seems to lock up for 5 minutes or so.

I don't believe anything has changed on my machine.  I _am_ getting
"low on Virtual Memory, Windows is adjusting" messages from time to
time, would that cause this problem?  I have 3.5Gb free on a 40Gb
drive.

Thanks!

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
------
If my timestamp is off by an hour, it's not my fault.
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
Aspartame free since 2002-04-08
weather: www.cnn.com/WEATHER/ce/Ontario/OttawaYOW.html
Photo album at www.wwwebbers.com
ICQ: wwwebber    Yahoo: andrew0534    eBay: andrew1883