[pmmail-list] 5 minutes to open address book!

Andrew Webber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:41:20 -0400

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 23:30:18 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:

>Today it occurred to me the address book might be dead
>or missing or something, so I clicked on the icon to
>bring up the address book.  It literally took 5 minutes
>for it to appear!  (It did appear).
>
>I don't believe anything has changed on my machine.
>I _am_ getting "low on Virtual Memory, Windows is
>adjusting" messages from time to time, would that
>cause this problem?  I have 3.5Gb free on a 40Gb
>drive.

I cleared about another 1Gb from my HD, and increase the virtual
page size.

This reply (that I'm typing) was no problem, but earlier I hit
"reply" on a plain-text no-attachments message from one person, and
after three minutes with PMMail locked up, took a shower.  Came
back to find the reply ready to work on.

Haven't had a "increasing page size" message today.

Does anyone have an idea what would cause this erratic behaviour?

Thanks!

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
------
If my timestamp is off by an hour, it's not my fault.
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
Aspartame free since 2002-04-08
weather: www.cnn.com/WEATHER/ce/Ontario/OttawaYOW.html
Photo album at www.wwwebbers.com
ICQ: wwwebber    Yahoo: andrew0534    eBay: andrew1883