[pmmail-list] Browsers and HTML

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 02:34:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:35:37 -0700 (PDT), Tony Anton wrote:

>1. Why can't I click on a complete URL to open the associated browser? The URL doesn't even appear in
>bold type. If this is not a feature, are there plans to add it in the, I hope, near future.

The OS/2 version doesn't work that way.  You must double click on the
URL which will highlight it, and then right mouse button click on it
which will pop up a menu.  The menu gives you the option of copying or
exploring the URL and if you select explore, you can then click on the
URL which will open it in your browser - assuming you have your browser
properly set up under PMMail->Settings->General->Default Web Browser.

>2. It doesn't appear that PMMail can read HTML messages. Same question as above. I haven't tried sending
>a HTML message yet, but at this point I'm feeling pessimistic<grin>

Once again, the OS/2 version is very limited in this respect.  It can't
display HTML messages, but it does strip out the HTML code from a
message and then displays whatever's left over.  It does not support
sending HTML messages.

Ralph Cohen