[pmmail-list] HELP! I need the names of the attached Files on a printed Message!!!

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 09:29:35 -0700

On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 16:36:30 +0200, Sven Schumacher wrote:

>If I print out any mail which containing ATTACHMENTS the path, Name, Size
>and Date of the File should be also printed. I tried several things but
>there is no way I can see... Do you have a way? Maybe there is a way to add
>this information using external script?

There is no way to do this, because this information does not exist.  PMMail
does not automatically extract all the attachments when a message arrives, so
there ARE no files corresponding to the attachments.  The attachments are not
copied to disk until you specifically ask for them to be saved.  Until then,
it's just another encoded section in the message.

Even after you have saved them, there's no place for PMMail to remember where
you asked for them to be copied.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.