[pmmail-list] Help! PMMail/2 2.20.2382

Hayo Baan pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 14:21:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:15:27 +0100, Simon Bowring wrote:

>1) System crash caused some system dll's to become corrupted
>>   Do you have a backup?  If so, restore it.
>I've reinstalled it!

You mean, even a system backup did not help?

>>2) File system and or files are corrupted
>>   You've probably already done that, but run chkdsk /f:3
>Yeah done that
>
>>Other possible solution/work-arounds could be:
>>Install pmmail in a new directory (next to the old one), configure your
account,
>>and try to receive mail from there.  If this works, your original installation
>>is somehow corrupted.  You could then one by one copy-over files and settings
>>build-up the new environment to resemble your old.
>I have dozens of filters and rexx exits etc :-((  I may try that
>but time's gonna be very tight!

First try to see if you can receive messages, then think about the moving part.
It might be the case that you are suffering a bug in pmmail that causes pmmail
to crash upon receipt of a certain message.  Can't say I've seen this (been
using pmmail since version 1.x as well, I think I received ten-thousands of
mesages by now), but who knows...

>>Note by the way, you can safely rename the root of the install directory,
>Yeah I know.
>
>I've been using PMMail since v1.x from Southside and it's happily
>handled 10s or 100s of 1000s of messages and I've never had a
>serious problem with it before!

Good luck again (and happy hollidays),
	Hayo

When it's time to stop living, I will certainly make Death my number one choice!

          -- (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent)