[pmmail-list] Help! PMMail/2 2.20.2382

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:05:14 -0400

On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 14:21:46 +0200 (CEST), Hayo Baan wrote:

>First try to see if you can receive messages, then think about the moving part.
>It might be the case that you are suffering a bug in pmmail that causes pmmail
>to crash upon receipt of a certain message.  Can't say I've seen this (been
>using pmmail since version 1.x as well, I think I received ten-thousands of
>mesages by now), but who knows...

  I've seen that in the Windows version.  I would infrequently get a
spam message with something in it that PmMail didn't like.  It would
crash and the only way I could get it past it would be to fire up
PmMail without a connection, turn off autofetch and then bring up my
connection and use remote control to manually delete the message on the
server.

  I believe it has been fixed in the Windows version (haven't seen it
in a long time) but I know that the OS/2 version hasn't been worked on
in quite a while so it might just still be in there and you'd never
gotten one of these specific messages before.  As I said they came in
very infrequently to me, maybe once every few months.

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com