[pmmail-list] Help! PMMail/2 2.20.2382

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 12:20:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:15:27 +0100, Simon Bowring wrote:

>1) System crash caused some system dll's to become corrupted
>>   Do you have a backup?  If so, restore it.
>I've reinstalled it!

I'll bet one of the messages waiting on the ISP is one that can
crash PMMail/2.    I'm running the latest beta for OS/2 here,
but have had 2-3 msgs in the last month that will cause PMM/2
to crash exactly as you describe.   (I have PMMail running
doing mail checks every few minutes, and it just "disappeared"
a little while ago.  Did some checking, and found another message
there causing PMMail to crash .....)

Suggest you go to Remote Control, retrieve the message list,
then mark to transfer them all.  Watch CAREFULLY..... find
out which one is the bad one.

After it crashes, use MR2/ice (it has had no problem with these
messages) or similar to get the bad msg.  Once you delete it off
the server, then PMMail/2 can proceed.   (You can also try a
web-based mail retrieval like    www.mail2web.com )

I've sent examples of these msgs to Trevor and to Brandon, so
I think they are aware of the problem.   At the same time, if this
is what is causing your headaches, I'd advise you to send them a copy
of the bad msg also.