[pmmail-list] Help! PMMail/2 2.20.2382

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:43:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 17:27:24 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:05:14 -0400, Wayne Dunham wrote:
>>  I've seen that in the Windows version.  I would infrequently get a
>>spam message with something in it that PmMail didn't like.  It would
>>crash and the only way I could get it past it would be to fire up
>
>That's a different problem which I too have seen on rare occasions,
>I think it was peculiarly formatted (url-encoded?) HTML emails that
>caused it. I also think it's been fixed, but not sure!

The encoded HTML emails problem has been fixed ..... BUT there
is another problem with ill-formed headers in msgs (I've seen it
in particular when receiving attachments from aol.com users --
there is a line missing in the header, and it will crash PMMail/2
... the MOST current beta ...  sadly.   PITA having to fire up the
competitor's software (haven't even updated it in 2 years), which
I don't use at all anymore other than to grab these "bad" messages.

---
  /Bruce/