[pmmail-list] Beta 2.20.2580 for Windows

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 22:23:41 -0400

OK folks, here we go again!

The routine continues, Peter sent me another build late this afternoon. There is
still a problem with filters, only it doesn't seem as severe. They aren't
deleted, the problem now seems to be that the actions are not displayed correctly.
It doesn't appear that the information is lost in the filters.lst file, it
just isn't displayed on the filter properties menu. All of the specified actions
still work correctly as when I opened this new mail all of my incoming
messages were placed correctly according to existing filters. Also, I did experience
a crash when opening a filter. It was not easily reproduced, but
after successfully opening the filter several times, it did occur again. Looking at
the error log, it appears to be related to one of the .dll calls and could be the
cause of all of the problems. (ok, I just backed out of 2580 and reinstalled 2502
and all of my filters are back to normal, all information is displayed. so this
doesn't look like it is affecting data, only display of the data in the filter
properties menu)

Now, if you are still interested, the character translation problem has been fixed.
Also, the dial-up connection problem should be resolved. The two
checkbox items under the dial-up account selection box were reversed (checked meant
unchecked). Peter thought this was the whole problem, but
upon closer inspection he found other problems that he did not give specifics about,
only to say that he had fixed them. I was never able to fully
reproduce the reported problem, only the problem of PMMail dropping the connection
after an initial fetch when it shouldn't have. I did not experience
this problem in the short time I tested dial-up connections before leaving work.
There was also an issue with attachements sent from the HotFax program that has been
resolved.

Ok, one last time, this is beta software. See above for bugs discovered so far. I
haven't run across any other problems, but I am by no means perfect.
My biggest suggestion would be to backup each FILTERS.LST file before installing
this beta.

PMMail 2000 Professional 2.20.2580 BETA
ftp://ftp.blueprintsoftwareworks.com/pub/pmmail/betas/PMMail2kPro2202580.exe

PMMail 2000 Standard 2.20.2580 BETA
ftp://ftp.blueprintsoftwareworks.com/pub/pmmail/betas/PMMail2kStd2202580.exe

Oh yeah, one last thing: Have a great weekend! I will not be responding to the list
this weekend as I will be out of town until Sunday evening.

Brandon King
PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com