[pmmail-list] Moving PMMail to a new computer

Michael Lueck pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 06:39:35 -0400

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:25:55 +0200 (CEST), hrbaan@xs4all.nl wrote:

>Well, Copying the whole tree should also work (no reinstall necessary, but it
>doesn't harm either).

One would not get the registry updates if you don't reinstall. Things like the
association of .MSG to PMMail, default EMail client, I forget off the top of my
head what other things they update. Oh, the applications path (different than
system path) and some other goodies. Run the install / make it a complete
configuration.

Also on the E:\EMail note, I didn't install at the root level as I wanted to
keep both ...\PMMail and ...\Tools "together" somehow, thus E:\EMail holds them
both.

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/