[pmmail-list] Moving PMMail to a new computer

pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:15:46 +0200 (CEST)

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:25:55 +0200 (CEST), hrbaan@xs4all.nl wrote:
>
>>Well, Copying the whole tree should also work (no reinstall necessary, but
>>it doesn't harm either).
>
> One would not get the registry updates if you don't reinstall. Things like
> the association of .MSG to PMMail, default EMail client, I forget off the
> top of my head what other things they update. Oh, the applications path
> (different than system path) and some other goodies. Run the install / make
> it a complete configuration.

Ah, this must refer to the Windows version.  I was thinking about the OS/2
version...
> Also on the E:\EMail note, I didn't install at the root level as I wanted
> to keep both ...\PMMail and ...\Tools "together" somehow, thus E:\EMail
> holds them both.

Yep, that's why I created a folder called \MailAndNews to hold this :-)

Regards,
    Hayo