[pmmail-list] text/plain email

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:11:42 +0100

--=.umrZ38jWnVk8J0

On Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:19:11 +1200
"Richard Grevers" <dramatic@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:00:29 -0400, PMMail 2000 Support wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:41:37 +1200, Richard Grevers wrote:

> >>if they contain a code snippet containing the <H T M L> tag.
> >
> >The new option does NOT turn off HTML rendering. It only forces
> >PMMail to display the text/plain portion of a message that contains
> >multi-part content.
> >

> I was aware of that. So will there be any attempt to correct this
> glaring violation of the relevant RFC's? A declaration of text/plain
> should absolutely rule. Content sniffing is the Microsoft "we know
> better than you what you intended" approach.
> I can hardly ask the list to leave  the <H T M L> tag out of their
> posts because other mail clients handle this correctly and PMMail is
> clearly in the wrong.

It's worth mentioning again that I have seen some mails with content
type of multipart/mixed where PMMail 2K Pro cannot display either of the
text/plain parts within the body.

Hope this can get sorted too, I forwarded an offending mail to support
earlier Brandon, did you get it?

--
Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk