[pmmail-list] text/plain email

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 23:11:13 -0400

On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:53:06 -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:

>Many mailers (including PMMail) look for and highlight
>things that look like URLs and e-mail addresses.  That's not prohibited, and
>neither is interpreting embedded  tags.

It is hardcoded into PMMail to interpret and display the html tags it
understands whenever it comes across them. My question is, why is there
html formatting applied to the text/plain portion of the message in the
first place? Take for example an HTML message generated by PMMail. When
that message is delivered, the text/plain portion of the message does
not contain any html tags, those are appropriately placed in the
text/html portion of the message only. The existence of tags in a
text/plain portion sounds to me like a violation on the part of the
sending mailer.

>I still hate it.

I agree. I am not sure that it can be done in PMMail 2000, but this
will be looked at when coding the new version. If the sending mailers
insist on placing tags into text/plain segments, it will require PMMail
to ignore/strip those tags when the user chooses to see text/plain.

Brandon King
PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com