[pmmail-list] Digest text/plain email

Phil Kane pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 14:44:27 -0700 (PDT)

>Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:59:46 +0200 (CEST)
>From: "Reinhard Forster" <rf@micro-forster.de>

>>   We send a similar "reject message" when a messsage contains a
>>   Word document as an attachment (we do not / will not / cannot deal
>
>How do you check the attachment type - just by file type (.doc)?

  It can be done that way but I try to open the document first.  At
  one time, older WordPerfect documents used the ,DOC suffix and I
  have to make sure that the ",DOC" file is using an unreadable
  format.

  The only email that I am concerned with is from my my principal law
  client (I am a user on their system), who in spite of running a Unix
  system has bought into the Win* applications.  They forget that I
  run only non Win*  IBM Warp (OS/2) applications, including an external
  e-mail text reader under PMMail which under all circumstances
  displays EVERYTHING as "ASCII" text. Sometimes they forget to send
  me a text version of a document that they want me to review.  Then I
  have to call them and set them straight...until the next time.

>I have the same problem, one special customer keeps sending me *.doc files
>which are even with Word97 next to unreadable (why must these Win* users
>take each and every feature without knowing what they're doing? Just because
>it's there?)

  The Court should have sentenced Microsoft to rewrite all their
  applications as QUALITY products..... but then they couldn't
  force their junk on the non-sophisticated users.

---
   Phil Kane                               /"\
                                           \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
   From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest    X       HELP CURE HTML MAIL
   Beaverton (Washington County)  Oregon   / \