[pmmail-list] PMMail: Pretty Good E-mail

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:58:16 -0700

You know, looking at the posts in this list, you might get the idea that we all
hated the product.  I'd just like to state for the record that PMMail is very,
very close to my ideal mail agent.

I'm picky.  Twice in the 1990's, I got disgusted with the state of the art in
e-mail readers and wrote my own (one in VB, one in Delphi).  I used each for
several years until some technology change rendered it obsolete.  I've now been
using PMMail for 5 years, and it's only been in the last few months that I've
really itched to do it again (in Python with wxPython this time).

I wish I had a few more hooks and customization options (actually, I wish I had
the source code...), but overall, PMMail is Good Stuff.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.