[pmmail-list] PMMail: Pretty Good E-mail

Stan Sidlov pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:16:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:58:16 -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:

>I wish I had a few more hooks and customization options (actually, I wish I had
>the source code...), but overall, PMMail is Good Stuff.

This is certainly true, if it wasn't I would switch to something else.

It also reminds me of conversations on Compuserve back in the mid-90's when EVERYONE involved in the manufacture of computer equipment
and software was on that ISP (or was it just a big BBS?).  Before you bought anything people would search out the manufacturer/developer's forum
and see how many emails there were regarding the product, if there was a lot of them, usually that indicated that there was a problem with the
product because no one posted anything if they were happy, they didn't need support or help. Once it was possible for companies to have total
control over their own sites, and keep the messages of complaint hidden from general view, more 'crappy' software/hardware was able to be sold,
IMHO.

Anyway, I do want to second your opinion that this isn't bad software by a long shot, it's such good software that we want to see it continue to
improve on all platforms and be competitive with other vendors products.

-- stan sdil