[pmmail-list] Beta progress

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:35:09 +0100

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:52:38 -0600, Martin Moran wrote:

>Is PMMail the culprit here?

PMMail for OS/2 certainly has some leakage, but not huge.

I used to run a server with Hethmon's Inet.Mail handling about 500
messages a day, and PMMail picking some up to do some extra filtering.
I had to stop and restart PMMail about weekly to recover memory, and
Inet,Mail about fortnightly for the same reason.  I now run Weasel with
the filtering done in a REXX script, and no longer have to think about
leaks.

I haven't noticed significant leakage with PMMail on Windows handling
about 200 messages a day, but that machine is restarted about weekly
when the ATI video driver locks up...

In any case, you have to shut PMMail down occasionally for it to
process aged trash messages.

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd