[pmmail-list] Beta progress

Richard Grevers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:04:58 +1200

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:35:09 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:52:38 -0600, Martin Moran wrote:
>
>>Is PMMail the culprit here?
>
>PMMail for OS/2 certainly has some leakage, but not huge.
>
>I used to run a server with Hethmon's Inet.Mail handling about 500
>messages a day, and PMMail picking some up to do some extra filtering.
>I had to stop and restart PMMail about weekly to recover memory, and
>Inet,Mail about fortnightly for the same reason.  I now run Weasel with
>the filtering done in a REXX script, and no longer have to think about
>leaks.
>
>I haven't noticed significant leakage with PMMail on Windows handling
>about 200 messages a day, but that machine is restarted about weekly
>when the ATI video driver locks up...

ATI are notorious for not being able to write stable drivers for their products.
For the ATI Rage series there is a list of a couple of dozen applications
which have problems (usually random freezing).

--
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.