[pmmail-list] PGP problem

Steve Quarrella pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:25:47 -0500

Hi Brandon...

> We were looking at a single version of PMMail compatible (not
> integrated) with PGP encryption before the news Monday, and we haven't
> made any new decisions since the news of PGP's commercial rebirth. We
> are looking for a solution that will not land us back where we are now
> 2 years from now. I will let everyone know ASAP of any decisions on
> this issue.

You and I had a conversation about this in private not that long ago, when
things were looking pretty bleak for PGP.  In light of the recent
development, please consider me to be one of the many who'd like to see
continued support for PGP, with the understanding that you guys are at the
mercy of "the other guy."  And hopefully, we'll see support for X.509
certificates in a future release, too.  I use both extensively, and get the
willies every time I have to fire up Outlook Express or Outlook to send
"secure" mail (and yes, I know I'm using OE right now :).

Thanks for your outstanding support, too.