[pmmail-list] PGP problem

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:50:54 -0400

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:25:47 -0500, Steve Quarrella wrote:

>please consider me to be one of the many who'd like to see
>continued support for PGP,

While nothing is set in stone, I did have a conversation again with
Peter today and our boss about this issue. Nothing is final since we
aren't at the point to make a final decision, but we are leaning
strongly towards a plug-in solution using PGP freeware. We simply
cannot afford to be stuck with a licensing contract for a product that
is no longer developed again. I don't have details on how this would
work exactly, but it is the most likely course of action.

Also, there is no new beta today. :(  Peter did say that he has gotten
rid of ALL memory leaks now and we will be looking at the dial-up issue
and a potential problem with the TEMP folder/files created by PMMail
before the new beta (and a few smaller issues). I appreciate all the
help with terminology on how to describe when the new beta will be
available, but I can assure you that the past week and a half Peter has
spent 90-95% of his time working with PMMail. So, we aren't sitting on
this thing, it just took a little longer than he expected to clean up
the memory leaks.

Thanks for your patience and contributing to the improvement of PMMail
with your suggestions and bug reports.

Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.pmmail2000.com