[pmmail-list] Spell check hotkeys

Richard Grevers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:50:51 +1200

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:41:59 -0400, Ronny Hippler wrote:

><rant>
>I saw mention that we are getting a spellcheck update soon. I was wondering if
>the hotkeys could be changed to something logical?? Like "I" for ignore and
>"C" for change. Who the ____ decided on "n" and "g"? they are present in both
>words.
></rant>

While we are discussing spelling* checker improvements, my favourite
one has a unique feature - it maintains an undo stack. Many of my emails
contain code, and I get into a mental "auto-ignore" mode as I step
through (for example) variable names which I don't want in my dictionary,
then accidentally click ignore on a genuine error. (Or alternately,
accidentally click change on a word which should be ignored). The only
workaround in PMMail is to stop checking, cancel sending, fix the error
and repeat the entire check. If it happens to be the last error in the
message there isn't even the chance to do that. An Undo/back-up button
could save a lot of wasted effort here.

*P.S. a "spell checker" is either an Amaericanese abomination or something
that Harry Potter would have use for.

--
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.