[pmmail-list] Spell check hotkeys

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:01:56 -0400

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:50:51 +1200, Richard Grevers wrote:

>The only
>workaround in PMMail is to stop checking, cancel sending, fix the error
>and repeat the entire check. If it happens to be the last error in the
>message there isn't even the chance to do that. An Undo/back-up button
>could save a lot of wasted effort here.

Boy, I would sure love this. I frequently run into the exact same
situation you do. On the other hand, I'd love it even more if the spell
checker just worked properly and made reasonable suggestions.

>*P.S. a "spell checker" is either an Amaericanese abomination or something
>that Harry Potter would have use for.

Call it what you will, but that "abomination" shows up in Google about
199,000 times. "spelling checker" about 67,600 times. This is English,
so like it or not, usage wins. We also eat "ice cream" instead of "iced
cream". Neither logic nor magic have anything to do with it.