[pmmail-list] when is the new beta coming?

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:33:32 -0400

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:20:59 -0700, Marty Rimpau wrote:

>Hi, I know they said that the beta would be soon, indicating sometime
>this morning, but when will it be available?

Ok folks, I know we are going to take some heat for this one, but I
just received a new build from Peter and he has asked me to hold it
until at least Friday morning before making it available to anyone.
Now, this is a first for me, but he has his reasons, mainly concern for
individual users and their data. I have only had this build for about
10 minutes and already found at least one new problem, so it is
probably for the best that I hold it until he can fix any new bugs.

To make the wait a little more worthwhile, he did manage to fix the
problem with HTML being processed in text/plain messages, No, there are
no new options in the preview pane or message read window, but if a
message is declared as text/plain, then PMMail will no longer attempt
to process the html. It is a start in the right direction, we hope you
agree.

I would like nothing more than to post this today, but Peter walked in
and asked that I please test this thouroughly before releasing it to
the beta testers. At this point my hands are tied, but I know that it
is for good reason. He did make several major changes to the code
including adding a bit of internal coding to help reduce memory usage,
etc. The last thing we want is to crash everyones system, so please be
patient while we run through the new bugs and we will make sure that we
get a solid build out by the end of the week.

Thank you,

Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.pmmail2000.com