[pmmail-list] when is the new beta coming?

Richard Grevers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:42:43 +1200

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:33:32 -0400, PMMail 2000 Support wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:20:59 -0700, Marty Rimpau wrote:
>
>>Hi, I know they said that the beta would be soon, indicating sometime
>>this morning, but when will it be available?
>
>Ok folks, I know we are going to take some heat for this one, but I
>just received a new build from Peter and he has asked me to hold it
>until at least Friday morning before making it available to anyone.

No heat from this quarter. My email archive is important to me!
I was recently working out of town for a couple of days and discovered
that I only had build 2577 on my software CD. I popped it onto
the old win98 machine my client supplied and it kept locking the OS
(issues with Remote Control I think) I had to revert to using a Webmail
interface (ugh). Moral: buy a laptop :-)

>To make the wait a little more worthwhile, he did manage to fix the
>problem with HTML being processed in text/plain messages, No, there are
>no new options in the preview pane or message read window, but if a
>message is declared as text/plain, then PMMail will no longer attempt
>to process the html. It is a start in the right direction, we hope you
>agree.

Most definitely!

--
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.