[pmmail-list] HTML and other parts (was: when is the new beta coming?)

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:28:25 -0400 (EDT)

To each his own...
I do not care how, nor if...
As long as I can TURN IT ALL *OFF*...

Why:  The HTML message that was received by a friend over the weekend,
no attachments, but included an imbedded Java virus that would download
a file in the background and clobber the system.  Did not happen in
this case because the E-Mail was handled by PMMail/2 and shuffles all
HTML, et al off to the bit bucket.

So, PLEASE, whatever changes are made to accomodate those who want
HTML, allow me to opt-out!  If someone wants to send me *information*
they can leave off the *decoration* and sent PLAIN TEXT.  I'm old
enough that I do not need pictures to understand the content.

Thank you.
[I'm done! I just wanted to be sure an opposing view is included.  I'll
say no more...]