[pmmail-list] HTML and other parts (was: when is the new beta coming?)

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:21:22 +0200 (MES)

some suggestions on how to do it, further down:

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:16:30 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

>    But the MIME view of the message body is rather that of a sequence of
> message parts, which might also be alternate (multipart/alternate) or
related
> (multipart/related).
>
>     To this does not correspond the standard PMMail view on a message, with
> big body text window and a small window where all the attachments are listed
> by symbols.
>
>    The correct MIME way is rather a tree view which reflects the sequence,
> nesting and relationships of the body parts.

   Which leads me to the suggestion that this might best be reflected by
changing the message composition and viewing window, replacing the horizontal
division into first message part (assumed to be text/pain) and a smaller range
of attachments into a vertical division, with a narrow tree view of the
message parts at the left, and a window with the contents of the currently
selected message part to the right, taking the larger part of the window below
the header section.

   This right hand part for the content could again be divided horizontally,
with a small top area specifying the body part headers (e.g. file name,
content disposition, MIME type, charset, language, what ever RFC 2045 allows).

   The tree view in the left column would be similar to the tree view of the
folders in the main window of PMMail.

    A context menu in the left column, the message body part tree or list,
would have a "create new body part" entry, which creates a new body part,
asking which type it should be, and if its contents are to be typed in, taken
from the clipboard, from a file, from another message (MIME type
message/rfc822), or from the address book (a VCard body part text/directory,
see RFC 2425).

    Drag'n'drop of files into that area would function the same way as it does
now with the attachment area at the bottom.

    BTW, speaking of VCard and text/directory, I would like to be able to
instruct PMMail to include my VCard automatically in every message I send out,
similar to the PGP-signature.

Yours,
Lüko Willms