[pmmail-list] PC Freezes when downloading mail

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:42:23 -0500

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 22:26:57 +0000, Barry Wilkinson wrote:

>I have just experienced the same problem. This time I shut down all current applications one at a time. Time consuming because it takes 2-3 mins to shut each one while there is
>100 CPU Usage. As soon as I shut down Zone Alarm CPU Usage went back to normal. I assume therefore that the problem lies with Zone Alarm and may only occur on W2000
>SP3 PC's?

That is consistent with my experience. I stopped using ZoneAlarm
entirely. The problem is intermittent and somewhat rare, but is a
killer when it happens. You were lucky you could close down each app. I
took over an hour to just do a soft shutdown (i.e., press power button
briefly).