[pmmail-list] Feature request

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:11:03 -0500

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:03:58 +0000 (GMT), Simon Bowring wrote:

>Blueprint have promised to improve PMMail's (generally useful but)
>somewhat rudimentary MIME encoding. I'd like to see this feature
>"on the list" too.

Amen. MIME problems have been hitting me a lot lately. On one mailing
list, for some senders, I only see the list footer and I need to "View
Full Message" to see any content. In these cases, it isn't even HTML,
it is the public keys that are confusing PMMail.

In other cases, I am stuck seeing odd formatting and extra tags because
PMMail won't just show me the plain/text version of the message, which
is present. I can't complain to most of these people too much because
their messages are formatted correctly and do contain a plain/text
section. It's just that my client doesn't use it. Sigh.