[pmmail-list] Feature request

Simon Bowring pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:03:58 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:33:22 +0100 (CET), Menno Tillema wrote:

>There's one backdraw, the
>images, mostly visible in the attachement area, don't show up in the
>resulting web page. Apparently there are not extracted at all or not
>with the correct filenames.

Theres an RFC for this (in fact it's the only aspect of so-called
*HTML+email*, that is covered by *any* bloody standard!

The RFC isn't actually about HTML per se, it's for generic MIME
encoding of multi-file documents (of which HTML emails are about
the only existant examples!). It's one (probably the only one) of
the great many technical problems of HTML+email that have been
solved!

Blueprint have promised to improve PMMail's (generally useful but)
somewhat rudimentary MIME encoding. I'd like to see this feature
"on the list" too.

Simon