[pmmail-list] Wish list: account location

Simon Wright pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:21:16 +0100 (CET)

>Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:09:35 -0600
>From: "Dave" <dave@bunkonet.com>
>
>On the account properties dialog, I would like PMMail to show me where
>the folder lives (the path of the *.ACT directory).  If I could swipe
>it and copy it, then paste it into Windows Exploder or into a 4NT
>prompt, it would be occasionally useful.
>
>In the same vein, knowing the name of a message would be useful as
>well.

Try this manual filter as a REXX background process:

/* */
parse arg file
'@echo 'file' |g:\utils\clipview\pipeclip'

It's not quite as convenient as having it in the Proporties
dialog but for occasional usage, this works fine.

You will need pipeclip from the Clipview package by Dave
Saville. Not sure of the filename but it'll be on Hobbes. This
filter will take the PMMail filename and put it in the clipboard
which you can then manipulate as you will.

Here is the path/filename for this digest (that I've just
deleted!):

Z:\EMAIL\DATA\DIVER00.ACT\TRASH.FLD\H7E6080.MSG

HTH.

Simon Wright.