[pmmail-list] Wish list: account location

Dave pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:04:42 -0600

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:41:48 -0600, Dave Hathaway wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestion.  I wrote a SEND-TO program that copies the
>filename to the clipboard.  I'll monkey around with that.
>
>Not as convenient as a property, as you say, but it will work.

Just to update myself.  I found that I had "Send-To Toys" installed on
my machine, and a program therein called "SendToClipboardAsName.exe".
Invoking this as a manual filter does the trick Simon suggested.
Again, not very elegant but it solves the immediate problem.

The message I am replying to is:

C:\Documents and Settings\david.hathaway\My Documents\Personal\Program
Files\SouthSoft\PMMail 98\TOSN_0.ACT\INBOX.FLD\PMMai0.FLD\H7FIUZ0.MSG

With that sort of path, you can see why having a properties box would
be useful.  My current account is called "Bunkonet" to correspond with
the POP server I am using, but I hijacked the old "TOSN" account to
form it.  I think this is the second or third time TOSN was reused.
If PMMail would <optionally> logically rename the folder to match the
account name, it would be useful as well.

Anyways, thanks for the help Simon.

Dave