[pmmail-list] PC Freezes when downloading mail

Gene Hoffman pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 23:37:43 -0600

I intermittently have the same problem running under Win98SE, so it isn't
just W2000 SP3 PCs that are seeing the problem.

I'm using ZoneAlarm v3.1.291 with MailSafe enabled.

Using Performance 95 (a task monitor utility) I'm able to see that when the
problem occurs, one thread under VSMON.EXE is what eats all the available
CPU.  VSMON.EXE is in c:\windows\system\ZoneLabs so that fits with all your
suggestions that ZoneLabs is responsible for the problem.

Gene Hoffman

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 22:26:57 +0000, Barry Wilkinson wrote:

>I have just experienced the same problem. This time I shut down all current
applications one at a time. Time consuming because it takes 2-3 mins to shut
each one while there is
>100 CPU Usage. As soon as I shut down Zone Alarm CPU Usage went back to
normal. I assume therefore that the problem lies with Zone Alarm and may
only occur on W2000